These are the editorial and other policies that apply apply to the Chippenham Village Website.
This community web site is about the village of Chippenham, Cambridgeshire, the people who live and work here, and the organisations, clubs and groups which are based here.
It is funded by Chippenham Parish Council and maintained on the Council’s behalf on a voluntary basis by a “Webmaster”. The website is non-profit making.
The Webmaster will try to keep the information on the website as informative, accurate, and up-to-date as possible, but neither neither the Webmaster nor the council accept any responsibility for situations arising as a result of erroneous information (please see disclaimer below).
The Webmaster welcomes any suggestions for improving or extending it, but the final editorial decision on what will be and will not be included rests with jointly with the Webmaster and Parish Council.
Personal information will be included only with the permission of or at the request of the person concerned.
Anyone who wishes to have any information entered on the Chippenham web site should send it to the webmaster using the contact form provided.
The Webmaster will add, delete, or update information when requested, but cannot guarantee to do so within any specific time scale.
Clubs, community groups, and voluntary organisations
For groups based in Chippenham or nearby and offering services to Chippenham, a link can be put on the Chippenham website to a web page or pages which provide(s) relevant information.
Groups, clubs and organisations outside Chippenham, but of interest to Chippenham people, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Any public events held in Chippenham or of interest to Chippenham residents are entitled to an entry in the Village Diary, indicating the date, time, place and nature of the event. Optionally a link may be provided to a page giving more information.
Any firm, company, business or trader operating in Chippenham, or who provides services of interest to Chippenham residents from a local base, may apply for an entry in the Chippenham Directory.
The entry will include name, type of business, address, telephone and fax numbers, email and/or web address.
Applications will be considered on a case by case basis, and the decision of the webmaster and Chippenham Parish Council shall be final. For the avoidance of doubt, the following will not be listed under any circumstances: Adult services, on-line pharmacies, gambling, violence, sexual, racist, or any kind of offensive material.
The contents of this website are subject to the conditions set out below.
All users acknowledge and accept the disclaimer in order to obtain access to this website.
English law and jurisdiction applies with respect to contents of this website.
1. With respect to information available on this website, www.chippenhamcambs.info, including all of its ‘website editors’, officers, agents, servants and employees and appointed or elected officials, past, present and future (hereinafter collectively referred to as “chippenhamcambs.info”), does not make any warranty, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed on this website.
2. Contents are only for general information or use by our readers (as indicated). It is a condition of access to the pages of this website that you assume full responsibility for using the information included in them, and that you don’t hold chippenhamcambs.info responsible for any action you take on the basis of that information.
3. The information on this website is updated from time to time. However, chippenhamcambs.info hereby exclude any warranties (whether expressed or implied), as to the quality, accuracy, effectiveness, completeness, performance, fitness for a particular purpose of the website or any of its contents, including (but not limited) to any advice or information contained within the website. Please check with event organisers well in advance of any events to confirm details.
4. Chippenhamcambs.info and Chippenham Parish Council will not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for any consequential loss or loss of business opportunities or projects, or loss of profits) howsoever arising and whether in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Website, or any of its contents, or from any action or omission taken as a result of using the Website or any such contents. The information provided on this website is intended as a guide only. No responsibility can be accepted for inaccuracy or any loss resulting thereof.
5. We make no warranty that the contents of the Website are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof.
6. Please note that certain links on the Website lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over whom we have no control and accordingly we accept no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers. We are not responsible for, and make no representations, warranties or conditions concerning, the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We provide links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by chippenhamcambs.com of the linked website.
7. Where part of the Website contains advertising and other material submitted to us by third parties please note that those advertisers are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website complies with all legal requirements. Inclusion of internal links does not endorse or otherwise suggest suitability of product or service
8. Chippenham Parish Council owns all copyright and all other intellectual property rights in this website. Chippenhamcambs.info welcome the use of this website for your non-commercial use only, provided that you retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the content. We advise that you may not copy or display for redistribution to third parties or for commercial purposes any portion of this website without our express permission.
9. All liability is excluded to the extent permitted by law including any implied terms
10. Any person or organisation objecting to the contents of any page should notify the webmaster immediately
We hope you will enjoy this website and find it provides useful information about the village and its community.